Crescent Apple Dumplings Recipe
Kids will love helping to create this scrumptious dish, and everyone will enjoy polishing off the entire pan! It’s easy, delicious and the perfect conclusion to any meal. Vera Grovier - Rantoul, IL
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple, peeled
- 16 red-hot candies
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons grapefruit or citrus soda
- 1 to 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- 1. Unroll crescent rolls and separate into eight triangles. Cut apple into eight wedges. Place an apple wedge and two red-hots on each crescent triangle. Bring up corners of dough to center; pinch edges to seal. Place in a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, butter and vanilla; spoon over rolls. Slowly pour soda around the rolls (do not stir). Sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with ice cream if desired. Yield: 8 dumplings.
1 serving (calculated without ice cream) equals 228 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 264 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC