Kids will love helping to create this scrumptious dish, and everyone will enjoy polishing off the entire pan! It’s easy, delicious and the perfect conclusion to any meal. Vera Grovier - Rantoul, IL
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple, peeled
- 16 red-hot candies
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons grapefruit or citrus soda
- 1 to 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Unroll crescent rolls and separate into eight triangles. Cut apple into eight wedges. Place an apple wedge and two red-hots on each crescent triangle. Bring up corners of dough to center; pinch edges to seal. Place in a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, butter and vanilla; spoon over rolls. Slowly pour soda around the rolls (do not stir). Sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with ice cream if desired. Yield: 8 dumplings.
Originally published as Crescent Apple Dumplings in Simple & Delicious January/February 2010, p53
Reviews for Crescent Apple Dumplings
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review