Crepe Quiche Cups Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- FILLING :
- 1/2 pound bulk Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. For crepe batter, in a small bowl, beat the eggs, milk and butter. Combine flour and salt; add to egg mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. In a small skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and mayonnaise. Stir in sausage mixture and cheese; set aside.
- 3. Heat a lightly greased 8-in. nonstick skillet. Stir crepe batter; pour 2 tablespoons into center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to coat bottom evenly. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer.
- 4. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing skillet as needed. When cool, stack crepes with waxed paper or paper towels in between.
- 5. Line greased muffin cups with crepes; fill two-thirds full with sausage mixture. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Cover loosely with foil; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 16 crepe cups.
1 serving (1 each) equals 209 calories, 16 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 96 mg cholesterol, 246 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 8 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.