Creole Tuna Recipe
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (6 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute green pepper in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, sugar, salt and pepper until blended. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly. Stir in tomatoes. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add tuna and Creole seasoning; heat through. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 160 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 858 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 13 g protein.
Reviews for Creole Tuna
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.