- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (6 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a large saucepan, saute green pepper in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, sugar, salt and pepper until blended. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly. Stir in tomatoes. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add tuna and Creole seasoning; heat through. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Creole Tuna
"Great quick and easy meal that is very tasty. Oh, it is so good!"
"This is great, and I usually make it with shredded chicken and sometimes put frozen peas in at the end instead of green peppers in beginning as recipe says. Good over rice, and I love that this is one of those recipes where I really do have all of the ingredients on hand most all the time."
"This is a great quick recipe. I often use shrimp instead of tuna."
"This was exactly what I was looking for! It was inexpensive, healthy, filling, and tasted like it was cooked all day instead of the 10 minutes it actually took to make!"