Creole Tuna Recipe
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (6 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a large saucepan, saute green pepper in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, sugar, salt and pepper until blended. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly. Stir in tomatoes. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add tuna and Creole seasoning; heat through. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Creole Tuna
Sort By :
Great quick and easy meal that is very tasty. Oh, it is so good!
This is great, and I usually make it with shredded chicken and sometimes put frozen peas in at the end instead of green peppers in beginning as recipe says. Good over rice, and I love that this is one of those recipes where I really do have all of the ingredients on hand most all the time.
This is a great quick recipe. I often use shrimp instead of tuna.
This was exactly what I was looking for! It was inexpensive, healthy, filling, and tasted like it was cooked all day instead of the 10 minutes it actually took to make!