Creole-Style Pork Roast Recipe
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon each chili powder, paprika, pepper and ground coriander
- Pinch each ground cloves and garlic powder
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste, divided
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (2 to 3 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1. Combine all of the seasonings; set aside 1/2 teaspoon. In a saucepan over low heat, saute green pepper, onion and remaining seasoning mixture in butter until vegetables are tender. Stir in mushrooms and half the tomato paste. Spread mixture over the roast; place in shallow baking pan.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160°-170°. Place roast on a serving platter; keep warm.
- 3. Transfer all but 2 tablespoons drippings to a measuring cup. Add enough water to measure 1-1/2 cups; set aside. Stir flour into drippings in pan. Gradually blend the 1-1/2 cups of liquid into flour mixture, stirring until smooth. Add reserved seasoning mixture and remaining tomato paste. Bring to a boil over medium heat; boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Serve with the roast. Yield: 8-10 servings.
4 ounce-weight: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Creole-Style Pork Roast
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.