Creole-Stuffed Turkey Recipe
- 4 cups cubed corn bread
- 2 cups cubed crustless day-old whole wheat bread
- 1 cup chopped fully cooked ham
- 3/4 cup smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons finely diced onion
- 2-1/2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 turkey (8 to 10 pounds)
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients; add enough broth to moisten. Just before baking, loosely stuff the turkey. Skewer turkey openings; tie drumsticks together. Place breast side up on a rack in a roasting pan.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 3-1/2 to 4 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 180° for the turkey and 165° for the stuffing, basting occasionally with pan drippings. (Cover loosely with foil if turkey browns too quickly.) Cover turkey and let stand for 20 minutes before removing stuffing and carving turkey. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 cup: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Creole-Stuffed Turkey
"Oh my! This is so tasty. I bake it outside the turkey."
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer