Creole-Stuffed Turkey Recipe
Trying out new recipes is such a "passion" of mine that my husband sometimes will ask to have something for dinner that he's actually seen before! My Creole-Stuffed Turkey originated when my sister from Texas and her familywho love Southern cookingwere here one Thanksgiving. Everyone kept coming back for another serving...and we ended up stuffed, too.
- 4 cups cubed corn bread
- 2 cups cubed crustless day-old whole wheat bread
- 1 cup chopped fully cooked ham
- 3/4 cup Johnsonville® Polish Kielbasa Sausage or Polish sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons finely diced onion
- 2-1/2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 turkey (8 to 10 pounds)
- In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients; add enough broth to moisten. Just before baking, loosely stuff the turkey. Skewer turkey openings; tie drumsticks together. Place breast side up on a rack in a roasting pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 3-1/2 to 4 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 180° for the turkey and 165° for the stuffing, basting occasionally with pan drippings. (Cover loosely with foil if turkey browns too quickly.) Cover turkey and let stand for 20 minutes before removing stuffing and carving turkey. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Creole-Stuffed Turkey in Country Woman November/December 1994, p33
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Creole-Stuffed Turkey
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 9, 2013
I made this stuffed in the turkey and it was the best turkey we've ever had!
Reviewed Jun. 17, 2010
Oh my! This is so tasty. I bake it outside the turkey.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Ham >
- Baked Turkey >
- Cajun Dinner Recipes >
- Cajun Recipes >
- Cajun Side Dishes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Side Dishes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Mardi Gras Dinner Recipes >
- Mardi Gras Recipes >
- Mardi Gras Side Dishes >
- Roasted Turkey >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Stuffing Recipes >
- Thanksgiving Dinner Recipes >