Creole Soup Recipe
Special seasonings set this flavorful soup apart from any others I've tried. It makes a nice big batch, so it's perfect when feeding a crowd. Plus, leftovers freeze well. - Del Mason, Martensville, Saskatchewan
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Cook: 40 min. YIELD:18 servings
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 8 cups water
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 3 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) pork and beans
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, undrained
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3 celery ribs with leaves, finely chopped
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon each Cajun seasoning, chili powder, Creole seasoning, pepper, crushed red pepper flakes and Italian seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- 1. In a soup kettle or Dutch oven, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 2. Add the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Discard bay leaf before serving. Yield: 18 servings (4-1/2 quarts).
1 serving (1 each) equals 128 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 571 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC