- In a saucepan, bring the broth, rice, onion, 1 teaspoon garlic, chili
- powder, salt, turmeric, pepper and bay leaf to a boil. Reduce heat;
- cover and simmer 20 minutes or until rice is tender. Discard bay
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, saute the next seven ingredients
- and remaining garlic in butter for 2 minutes. Add mushrooms; cook
- until peppers are crisp-tender. Add tomato and peas; heat through.
- Remove from the heat. Add rice; keep warm.
- In a skillet, cook and stir chicken in lemon juice over medium-high
- heat until no longer pink. Add to rice mixture; toss. Top with
- almonds. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/4 cup equals 491 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 52 mg cholesterol, 1,131 mg sodium, 75 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.