Creole Shrimp Pasta Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) penne pasta
- 1 large red onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons seafood seasoning
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, saute onion in butter and oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Sprinkle shrimp with seafood seasoning; add to pan.
- 2. Stir in the cream, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, Cajun seasoning, hot sauce and pepper. Drain pasta, reserving 3/4 cup cooking liquid. Stir reserved cooking liquid into pan. Cook and stir for 6-8 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Add pasta and toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
1-2/3 cups equals 497 calories, 19 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 121 mg cholesterol, 1,129 mg sodium, 60 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.