Creole Shrimp Pasta Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) penne pasta
- 1 large red onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons seafood seasoning
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, saute onion in butter and oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Sprinkle shrimp with seafood seasoning; add to pan.
- Stir in the cream, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, Cajun seasoning, hot sauce and pepper. Drain pasta, reserving 3/4 cup cooking liquid. Stir reserved cooking liquid into pan. Cook and stir for 6-8 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Add pasta and toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creole Shrimp Pasta(7)
Sort By :
Good. Simple. Nice flavour.
Yummy!! I add a can of mushrooms for a little more substance. Make it...you'll love it!
We love this! We make it about three times a month.
My family loved this meal. My daughter asked if we could have it again tomorrow.
My husband told me I could make this as often as I want, it was that good! I agree it is delish! I don't think it needs both the seafood seasoning and Cajun seasoning, one or the other would give it plenty of flavor. Great recipe!
More Recipe Collections
- Cajun Dinner Recipes >
- Cajun Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Mardi Gras Dinner Recipes >
- Mardi Gras Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Seafood Recipes >
- Shrimp Dinner Recipes >
- Shrimp Pasta Recipes >
- Shrimp Recipes >