- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons savory herb with garlic soup mix
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, saute the celery, onion and green pepper in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the tomatoes, soup mix, Worcestershire sauce, bay leaf and cayenne. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
Add shrimp; heat through. Discard bay leaf. Serve with rice.
Freeze option: Stir in shrimp but do not heat through. Cool mixture; freeze in freezer containers for up to 3 months. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a covered saucepan, gently stirring and adding a little water if necessary. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forCreole Shrimp & Rice
"Oh my goodness. This was sooo wonderful!! Cooked just as decribed over brown rice. WONDERFUL. We had enough for leftovers and they were even more wonderful. My husband and I eat lunch together...he came late and almost missed out... : )"
"Look for Lipton's Recipe Secrets Savory Herb and Garlic soup and dip mix.My daughter made this dish for our supper tonight. It needs a bit more salt and just a bit more punch so I added a few shakes of Frank's Chile with Lime sauce. It gave it the proper balance of acid to really send the flavors to the limit."