I make up this zippy blend to have on hand when a recipe calls for Creole or Cajun seasoning. —Marian Platt, Sequim, Washington
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 1 year. Use to season chicken, seafood, beef and vegetables. Yield: 1/2 cup.
Originally published as Creole Seasoning Mix in Taste of Home December/January 1998, p18
Reviews for Creole Seasoning Mix
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review