- In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Place scallops in
- a food processor; cover and pulse until just pureed. Fold into egg
- In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, parsley and pepper. Drop
- 2 tablespoons scallop mixture into crumb mixture. Gently coat and
- shape into a 1/2-in.-thick patty. Repeat with remaining mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, mustard, lemon
- juice, apple juice and seasonings. Cover and refrigerate until
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook patties in oil in batches
- for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper
- towel. Serve with aioli. Yield: 20 scallop cakes (1-1/2 cups aioli).
Nutritional Facts: 1 scallop cake with 1 tablespoon aioli equals 169 calories, 14 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 291 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.