- 1 large onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 10 pepperoncini
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 turkey (14 to 16 pounds)
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons Creole seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place onion, pepper, celery, pepperoncini and garlic in turkey cavity. Tuck wings under turkey; tie drumsticks together. Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan, breast side up. In a small bowl, beat butter and Creole seasoning; rub over turkey. Roast, uncovered, 20 minutes.
- Reduce oven setting to 325°. Roast 3-1/4 to 3-3/4 hours longer or until a thermometer inserted in thickest part of thigh reads 170°-175°. (Cover loosely with foil if turkey browns too quickly.)
- Remove turkey from oven; tent with foil. Let stand 20 minutes before carving. Skim fat from pan drippings; serve drippings with turkey and vegetable mixture. Yield: 16 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Creole Roasted Turkey with Holy Trinity Stuffing
"Absolutely loved the sound of it even better when I was roasting it. I substituted a little, I added a mix of red, green, and yellow bell pepper since I had it already diced on hand. I also added a little of the juice from the pepperoncinis. Also it's harder to to rub the butter mixture after a soft form so I microwaved it for 30 secs and used a basting brush to apply and sort of drizzled a little at a time until it was covered. I also cooked a little different I cooked it breast uncovered at 500 degrees for 30 mins and then at 350 for 2hr and 15 mins. when I moved it to 350 I also covered the breast with foil that I had pre fitted."