I've found a fast and fantastic way to turn leftover rice into a spectacular side dish. I spice it up with Creole seasoning and pepper to give it a boost of flavor, then sprinkle it with paprika for color. Rest assured that no one will figure out the zippy combination is a "second-day dish".
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cooked long grain rice
- In a small saucepan, melt butter; add Creole seasoning and pepper.
- Cook over medium heat for 3 minutes. Stir in rice. Cover and heat
- through. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 203 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 282 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.