Creole Pork Chops Recipe
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; rub over both sides of pork.
- In a large skillet, cook chops in oil over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until chops are lightly browned; drain. Add the remaining ingredients. Cover and cook 4-6 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $59.99. Order Now
Reviews for Creole Pork Chops
Sort By :
These pork chops were highly approved by the male members of my family--and one of them does not list pork chops on his favorites list! The only change I made was to add a sprinkle of cayenne pepper to the sauce--not much of a change at all. Recipe yielded an authentic creole flavor.Recommendation: Double or triple the rub ingredients for adequate amount to spread on both sides. Also can use commercial creole seasoning to sprinkle on chops.
Tasty & moist
My family LOVES this recipe. Excellent served over rice.
we loved it..easy and so good
meat was tough. Maybe my cut of pork or needed to cook longer. Maybe simmer for 30 minutes?