Creole Pork Chops Recipe
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; rub over both sides of pork.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook chops in oil over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until chops are lightly browned; drain. Add the remaining ingredients. Cover and cook 4-6 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
1 pork loin chop with about 1/2 cup sauce equals 244 calories, 13 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 636 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.