Creole-Poached Chicken Breasts Recipe
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 can (15 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the onions, celery and pepper in oil until tender. Add the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Remove chicken; keep warm.
- 2. Return cooking juices to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until most of the sauce is evaporated. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
1 chicken breast half with 3/4 cup sauce equals 220 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 432 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.
Reviews for Creole-Poached Chicken Breasts
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.