- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 can (15 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the onions, celery and pepper in oil until tender. Add the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Remove chicken; keep warm.
- Return cooking juices to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until most of the sauce is evaporated. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Creole-Poached Chicken Breasts in Healthy Cooking October/November 2009, p59
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creole-Poached Chicken Breasts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review