Creole Pasta with Sausage and Shrimp Recipe
- 6 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/2 cup each julienned sweet red, yellow and green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound Johnsonville® Andouille Sausage, sliced
- 1/2 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1. Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the onion, celery, peppers, green onions and garlic in 2 tablespoons butter until tender. Stir in the cream, wine or broth, Creole seasoning, salt, pepper flakes and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-6 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. In another large skillet, saute sausage and shrimp in remaining butter for 5-6 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Drain fettuccine; toss with vegetable mixture and sausage mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1-1/3 cups) equals 538 calories, 38 g fat (21 g saturated fat), 207 mg cholesterol, 653 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.