Creole Pasta with Sausage and Shrimp Recipe
- 6 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/2 cup each julienned sweet red, yellow and green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound fully cooked andouille sausage, sliced
- 1/2 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1. Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the onion, celery, peppers, green onions and garlic in 2 tablespoons butter until tender. Stir in the cream, wine, Creole seasoning, salt, pepper flakes and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-6 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. In another large skillet, saute sausage and shrimp in remaining butter for 5-6 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Drain fettuccine; toss with vegetable mixture, tomatoes and sausage mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/3 cup: 538 calories, 38g fat (21g saturated fat), 207mg cholesterol, 653mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 20g protein .
Reviews for Creole Pasta with Sausage and Shrimp
"We don't do much pasta but since we can't resist creole flavors I had to give this a try. It is excellent!"
"This recipe was amazing and simple to make I added cooked chicken breast to add to the creole theme everyone love it has been requested several times this month"
"I do not eat shellfish but made this recipe for my boyfriend. He absolutely loved it. I finely diced the tomatoes and tossed them in right before serving since the recipe did not state exactly how to add them. The dish (I was told) was spicy, creamy, and delish!"
"Tasty but recipe asks for 2 cups of tomatos but does not explain what to do with them"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.