Creole Meat Loaf Recipe
We may live in Canada, but the taste of this meat loaf says "New Orleans"! When bell peppers are in season, this is one of the best ways I know to enjoy their flavor.—Linda Kornelson, Empress, Alberta
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup coarsely crushed saltine crackers
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon horseradish
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the milk, egg, green pepper and onion. Stir in the crackers, salt, mustard and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Pat into an ungreased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/4 hours or until no pink remains and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Drain.
- 3. Let loaf stand in pan for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the sauce ingredients. Cook until heated through. Turn loaf out onto a serving platter. Spoon 1/2 cup hot sauce over loaf; serve remaining sauce with meat loaf. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 282 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 112mg cholesterol, 899mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein.
Reviews for Creole Meat Loaf
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC