Creole Meat Loaf Recipe
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup coarsely crushed saltine crackers
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon horseradish
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the milk, egg, green pepper and onion. Stir in the crackers, salt, mustard and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Pat into an ungreased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/4 hours or until no pink remains and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Drain.
- 3. Let loaf stand in pan for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the sauce ingredients. Cook until heated through. Turn loaf out onto a serving platter. Spoon 1/2 cup hot sauce over loaf; serve remaining sauce with meat loaf. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 282 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 112mg cholesterol, 899mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein
Reviews for Creole Meat Loaf
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.