Creole Meat Loaf Recipe
We may live in Canada, but the taste of this meat loaf says "New Orleans"! When bell peppers are in season, this is one of the best ways I know to enjoy their flavor.Linda Kornelson, Empress, Alberta
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup coarsely crushed saltine crackers
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon horseradish
- In a large bowl, combine the milk, egg, green pepper and onion. Stir in the crackers, salt, mustard and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Pat into an ungreased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/4 hours or until no pink remains and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Drain.
- Let loaf stand in pan for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the sauce ingredients. Cook until heated through. Turn loaf out onto a serving platter. Spoon 1/2 cup hot sauce over loaf; serve remaining sauce with meat loaf. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Creole Meat Loaf in Country Ground Beef 1993, p30
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Creole Meat Loaf(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cajun Dinner Recipes >
- Cajun Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Meat Loaf Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Mardi Gras Dinner Recipes >