Creole Green Beans Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cut green beans
- 5 bacon strips, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1. Cook beans according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook bacon, onion and green pepper over medium heat until bacon is crisp and vegetables are tender. Remove with a slotted spoon.
- 2. Stir the flour, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and mustard into the drippings until blended. Stir in tomatoes. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Drain beans and add to skillet. Stir in bacon mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 110 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 682 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Creole Green Beans
"My husband asks for this quite often. It's especially good with fresh green beans out of the garden."
"IF I make this again, I will omit the can of tomatoes. It made the result mushy and didn't look at all like the photo."