Creole Fried Chicken
The recipe for this creamy pan-fried chicken was given to me by my husband's grandmother. I make it at least twice a month—much to the delight of my family!
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups water
- In a shallow bowl or large resealable plastic bag, combine dry
- ingredients. Dredge chicken. Heat oil in a large skillet, fry
- chicken, a few pieces at a time, until brown on all sides. Add
- water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4-5
- minutes or until juices run clear. Thicken gravy if desired. Yield:
- 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley
, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now