Creole Fried Chicken Recipe
The recipe for this creamy pan-fried chicken was given to me by my husband's grandmother. I make it at least twice a monthmuch to the delight of my family!
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups water
- In a shallow bowl or large resealable plastic bag, combine dry ingredients. Dredge chicken. Heat oil in a large skillet, fry chicken, a few pieces at a time, until brown on all sides. Add water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4-5 minutes or until juices run clear. Thicken gravy if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Creole Fried Chicken in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p37
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creole Fried Chicken(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review