Creole Flounder with Seafood Sauce Recipe
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 8 ounces Mexican process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 2 tablespoons lemon or lime juice
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1/4 cup Creole mustard or other spicy mustard
- 2 pounds flounder fillets
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 2 pounds cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the onion, green pepper, garlic and parsley in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually add the cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; Stir in cheese and lemon juice; cook and stir until cheese is melted. Add crab. Cover and keep warm.
- 2. Spread mustard on both sides of fillets. Sprinkle with Creole seasoning. Place on a greased broiler pan. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Top each fillet with four to five shrimp; serve over crab sauce. Yield: 4-5 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 869 calories, 44 g fat (25 g saturated fat), 528 mg cholesterol, 1,868 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 88 g protein.
Reviews for Creole Flounder with Seafood Sauce
"Other than having to chop most of the ingredients this recipe is very easy and very good. I chopped everything up the night before. Made an easy dinner after a long day of work. The family all said they would have it again. It's a keeper"
"This is absolutely awesome!!!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.