Creole Flounder with Seafood Sauce Recipe
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 8 ounces Mexican process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 2 tablespoons lemon or lime juice
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1/4 cup Creole mustard or other spicy mustard
- 2 pounds flounder fillets
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 2 pounds cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the onion, green pepper, garlic and parsley in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually add the cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; Stir in cheese and lemon juice; cook and stir until cheese is melted. Add crab. Cover and keep warm.
- 2. Spread mustard on both sides of fillets. Sprinkle with Creole seasoning. Place on a greased broiler pan. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Top each fillet with four to five shrimp; serve over crab sauce. Yield: 4-5 servings.
1 each: 869 calories, 44g fat (25g saturated fat), 528mg cholesterol, 1868mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 2g fiber), 88g protein.
Reviews for Creole Flounder with Seafood Sauce
"Other than having to chop most of the ingredients this recipe is very easy and very good. I chopped everything up the night before. Made an easy dinner after a long day of work. The family all said they would have it again. It's a keeper"
"This is absolutely awesome!!!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.