Creole Fish Soup Recipe
"You can serve up a pot of this hearty soup in under an hour," reports Ruby Williams of Bogalusa, Louisiana. "The recipe calls for convenient frozen mixed veggies, so there's not a lot of peeling and chopping.
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 pound cod, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1. In a soup kettle, combine the first eight ingredients; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Add vegetables; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 2. Add fish; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork. Discard bay leaves. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
1 cup: 129 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 663mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 15g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch.
Reviews for Creole Fish Soup
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC