- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 to 2 tablespoons seeded chopped jalapeno peppers
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 can (16-1/2 ounces) cream-style corn
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Additional cornmeal
- In a large bowl, combine rice, cornmeal, onion, peppers, salt and baking soda.
- In another bowl, beat eggs, milk and oil. Add corn; mix well. Stir into rice mixture until blended. Fold in cheese. Sprinkle a well-greased 10-in. ovenproof skillet with cornmeal. Pour batter into skillet.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until bread tests done. Cut into wedges and serve warm. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Creole Corn Bread in Country December/January 1995, p49
Reviews for Creole Corn Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 7, 2013
made this several times and once for a bbq contest, placed second with it. very good.