- 4 bacon strips, diced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup each chopped green pepper and sweet red pepper
- 2 cups chopped seeded tomatoes
- 1 to 2 bay leaves
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon to paper towels; drain, reserving drippings.
- Saute onion and peppers in drippings until tender. Add tomatoes and bay leaves. Cook, uncovered, over medium-low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add corn; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until corn is tender. Discard bay leaves. Stir in seasonings. Sprinkle with bacon. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Creole Corn
Sort By :
"This was the easiest recipe and pulled together quickly. My 6 year old loved it! A wonderful blend for veggies and it is not overpowering on spice incase anyone was worried about the creole spice. Totally perfect!"
"Good and different recipe for corn. I won't use quite as much Creole seasoning next time."