Creole Chicken Recipe
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1/3 cup julienned green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup sliced onion
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup hot cooked rice
- 1. In a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, combine the tomatoes, green pepper, celery, onion, chili powder, thyme and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Return chicken to pan; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 2 servings.
1 chicken breast half with 2/3 cup sauce and 1/2 cup rice equals 320 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 447 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 3 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Creole Chicken
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.