Creole Catfish Fillets Recipe
In Plantation, Florida, Dave Bremstone rubs catfish fillets with a pleasant mixture of seasonings before cooking them quickly on the grill. The moist fish gets plenty of flavor when served with a spicy sauce and fresh lemon wedges.
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 catfish fillets (4 ounces each)
- 4 lemon wedges
- In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, onion, mayonnaise, mustard, ketchup, thyme and lemon peel. Cover and refrigerate until serving. In another bowl, combine the paprika, onion powder, salt and cayenne; rub over both sides of fillet.
- Grill, covered, in a grill basket coated with cooking spray over medium-hot heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with lemon wedges and yogurt sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Creole Catfish Fillets in Light & Tasty February/March 2001, p17
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Creole Catfish Fillets(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Cajun Dinner Recipes >
- Cajun Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Fish Recipes >
- Grilled Fish >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Mardi Gras Dinner Recipes >