This chicken wings make a delightfully zippy appetizer. I've received lots of complements on this simple dish.—Ron Treadaway, Acworth, Georgia
12-14 ServingsPrep: 1 hour + chilling Bake: 30 min.
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 1 package (4 pounds) frozen chicken wingettes, thawed
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup hot pepper sauce
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 350°. Fry
- chicken wings, a few at a time, for 10-12 minutes or until the
- juices run clear. Drain on paper towels. Combine tomato sauce,
- butter and hot pepper sauce in a large bowl; add wings and toss to
- coat. Let stand for 15 minutes. Remove wings from sauce. Cover and
- refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Place wings in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake
- at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Uncover and
- bake 5 minutes longer. Baste wings with pan drippings; serve
- immediately. If desired, serve with Blue Cheese Garlic Dip (recipe
- below). Yield: 12-14 servings.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer