Creole Bread Dressing Recipe
I'm not known to be much of a cook, but I can make this recipe with success. When I take it to my company's holiday potluck, I always come home with an empty dish.—Terri Udy, Colorado Springs, Colorado
- 1 package (14 ounces) seasoned stuffing cubes
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled, deveined and cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 to 5 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1. In a large bowl, combine stuffing cubes and pecans; set aside. In a large skillet, saute onion and celery in butter until tender. Add shrimp; cook and stir for 3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Sprinkle with hot pepper sauce.
- 2. Add to stuffing mixture and toss to combine. Add the broth, egg substitute and poultry seasoning; toss to coat.
- 3. Spoon into a greased shallow 3-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a thermometer inserted near the center reads 165°. Dressing may be stuffed into poultry if desired. Yield: 10 cups.
3/4 cup: 246 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 52mg cholesterol, 653mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 11g protein.
Reviews for Creole Bread Dressing
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC