I love blackened chicken and was thrilled when I discovered I could cook it at home. I adjusted an old recipe, making it spicier to fit my taste. If you prefer milder flavors, simply omit or reduce the cayenne pepper.—Lauren Hardy, Jacksonville, FL
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons Creole seasoning
- 2 tablespoons salt-free Southwest chipotle seasoning blend
- 4 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Preheat oven to 350°. Mix the first five ingredients; sprinkle over chicken. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown chicken in batches on both sides; transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, 12-15 minutes or until a thermometer reads 165°. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Creole Blackened Chicken in Simple & Delicious June/July 2013, p24
Reviews for Creole Blackened Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review