Creole Blackened Chicken
I love blackened chicken and was thrilled when I discovered I could cook it at home. I adjusted an old recipe, making it spicier to fit my taste. If you prefer milder flavors, simply omit or reduce the cayenne pepper.—Lauren Hardy, Jacksonville, FL
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons Creole seasoning
- 2 tablespoons salt-free Southwest chipotle seasoning blend
- 4 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Preheat oven to 350°. Mix the first five ingredients; sprinkle
- over chicken. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Brown chicken in batches on both sides; transfer to a greased
- 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, 12-15 minutes or until a thermometer reads 165°.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken breast half equals 222 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 813 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 35 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 fat.