- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons Creole seasoning
- 2 tablespoons salt-free Southwest chipotle seasoning blend
- 4 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Preheat oven to 350°. Mix the first five ingredients; sprinkle over chicken. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown chicken in batches on both sides; transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, 12-15 minutes or until a thermometer reads 165°. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Creole Blackened Chicken
Sort By :
"I made this for dinner tonight and it was delicious! I think it would be great on fish as well. I put the spice mix in a shallow bowl and pressed the moistened (with just water) chicken into the spice mixture rather than just sprinkling the spices on the chicken.. I used thin breast cutlets and the 12 minutes in the oven following the browning on the stove was perfect. I did check the chicken temp. with an instant read thermometer. This recipe had a good kick to it. I'll definitely make it again, and will definitely try it with fish, too!"
"My husband loved it. It was definitely spicy and we used ranch dressing as a dip for it. Next time, I will use less cayenne pepper for sure."
"This chicken was so flavorful and tender. I omitted the cayenne pepper-just for personal taste preferences- and the spice mixture was the perfect balance of warmth and freshness."
"I needed a last minute main course and this fit the bill. We like spicy food and this is definitely spicy as listed. Chicken salad with the leftovers has already been requested."
"This was spicy, but my husband and I liked it. Might tone the spice down next time for the kids. Leftovers were good on a salad."