- 2 pounds smoked sausage, cut into 1-inch slices
- 3 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups each chopped onions, celery and green peppers
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, brown sausage over medium heat; drain. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the beans, onion, celery, green pepper, water, tomato sauce, garlic, thyme, bouillon, white pepper, cayenne and bay leaves.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until vegetables are tender. Discard bay leaves. Serve with rice. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Creole Black Beans 'n' Sausage
Sort By :
"This was very good!! I will add it to my recipes!!"
"It was great. Didn't have time for slow cooker but did on stove top. It was great. Will definitely do this again. Better than red beans"
"We like spicy, so I added 1/2 t red pepper flakes. DELICIOUS!! And so easy! Everyone loved it. Will definitely make again."
"I used trukey sausage and chicken broth. Very good, do over."
"What a great meal!!!! So quick to throw together, not expensive to make & will feed an army!! The house smelled good all day & the flavor didn't disappoint!! Will definetly be making this again!! I only used 1 can of beans because that was all I had on hand & it was still great!"