Creole Black Beans 'n' Sausage Recipe
- 2 pounds Johnsonville® Smoked Sausage, cut into 1-inch slices
- 3 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups each chopped onions, celery and green peppers
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, brown sausage over medium heat; drain. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the beans, onion, celery, green pepper, water, tomato sauce, garlic, thyme, bouillon, white pepper, cayenne and bay leaves.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until vegetables are tender. Discard bay leaves. Serve with rice. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Creole Black Beans 'n' Sausage(11)
Sort By :
I used trukey sausage and chicken broth. Very good, do over.
What a great meal!!!! So quick to throw together, not expensive to make & will feed an army!! The house smelled good all day & the flavor didn't disappoint!! Will definetly be making this again!! I only used 1 can of beans because that was all I had on hand & it was still great!
Very delicious, simple to make, and plenty of leftovers that taste even better the next day
5 people in my family and everyone loved this! I used garlic, sage and basil sausage, took off the casing and cut them into the 1 inch slices. Only had 1 can of black beans so used 2 cans of kidney. I didn't have any bell pepper or thyme so just omitted. I sauteed the onion and celery with the sausage. This is going into our family cookbook that I am creating so my kids have our favorite recipes when they move out in 10 years or so:)
This recipe is in a cookbook I received for a gift several years ago. It is awesome! I use Andouille sausage, which gives it way more flavor. We've used smoked sausage as well, but it just doesn't have the same kick or as good of flavor. If using Andouille, you may want to leave out the cayenne, however.
More Recipe Collections
- Cajun Dinner Recipes >
- Cajun Recipes >
- Cajun Stew Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Stew Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Mardi Gras Dinner Recipes >
- Mardi Gras Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Rice Recipes >
- Sausage Dinner Recipes >