Creole Black Beans 'n' Sausage Recipe
- 2 pounds Johnsonville® Smoked Sausage, cut into 1-inch slices
- 3 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups each chopped onions, celery and green peppers
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, brown sausage over medium heat; drain. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the beans, onion, celery, green pepper, water, tomato sauce, garlic, thyme, bouillon, white pepper, cayenne and bay leaves.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until vegetables are tender. Discard bay leaves. Serve with rice. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Creole Black Beans 'n' Sausage
Sort By :
It was great. Didn't have time for slow cooker but did on stove top. It was great. Will definitely do this again. Better than red beans
We like spicy, so I added 1/2 t red pepper flakes. DELICIOUS!! And so easy! Everyone loved it. Will definitely make again.
I used trukey sausage and chicken broth. Very good, do over.
What a great meal!!!! So quick to throw together, not expensive to make & will feed an army!! The house smelled good all day & the flavor didn't disappoint!! Will definetly be making this again!! I only used 1 can of beans because that was all I had on hand & it was still great!
Very delicious, simple to make, and plenty of leftovers that taste even better the next day
More Recipe Collections
- Cajun Dinner Recipes >
- Cajun Recipes >
- Cajun Stew Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Stew Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Mardi Gras Dinner Recipes >
- Mardi Gras Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Rice Recipes >
- Sausage Dinner Recipes >