- 2 pounds smoked sausage, cut into 1-inch slices
- 3 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1-1/2 cups chopped celery
- 1-1/2 cups chopped green pepper
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, brown sausage over medium heat; drain. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in remaining ingredients except rice. Cook, covered, on low until vegetables are tender, 6-8 hours. Discard bay leaves. Serve with rice. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Creole Black Beans 'n' Sausage
"I doubled the tomato sauce, dropped one can of black beans and substituted it with a can of garbanzo beans. Was really good !!!"
"This was very good!! I will add it to my recipes!!"
"It was great. Didn't have time for slow cooker but did on stove top. It was great. Will definitely do this again. Better than red beans"
"We like spicy, so I added 1/2 t red pepper flakes. DELICIOUS!! And so easy! Everyone loved it. Will definitely make again."
"I used trukey sausage and chicken broth. Very good, do over."