Creole Beef Casserole Recipe
“My husband and I were each cooking something different one night and combined them for this dish. It’s great!” —Nicki Austin, Lawrenceville, Illinois
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine soup, sour cream, onion and pepper. Stir in potatoes and cheese; transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in ketchup, brown sugar and seasonings; spread over potatoes. Combine cornflakes and butter; sprinkle over top. Bake, uncovered, 40-45 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
1-1/4 cups equals 654 calories, 36 g fat (21 g saturated fat), 133 mg cholesterol, 1,763 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 28 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC