- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine soup, sour cream, onion and pepper. Stir in potatoes and cheese; transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish.
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in ketchup, brown sugar and seasonings; spread over potatoes. Combine cornflakes and butter; sprinkle over top. Bake, uncovered, 40-45 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Creole Beef Casserole
Sort By :
The flavors didn't mix.. you had a hashbrown casserole on the bottom, with a sweet meat mixture on the top.. i liked all the layers separately, but they just didn't go together. The meat needs to be spicier or something. Not quite sure what would fix this.
Too sweet. I lived in New Orleans for 5 years. Not much "Creole" about this. My husband is not a picky eater but he could not even finish his portion. 85% potato; 15% meat. And the onions should have been sauteed with the beef -- too hard.
I would rate this 0 stars, if I had that option.
Reminded my family of sloppy joes on hashbrowns. We will not be making this dish again.
Excellent! I added 2 lbs. of meat, and changed the potatoes to O'brien style. I also added adobe sauce to the ketchup for a little kick.
Fabulous rich and hearty meal!! This makes wonderful "comfort food" in cooler weather. My husband and I absolutely loved it :0)