Creole Baked Tilapia Recipe
- 4 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 small green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Place tilapia in an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine tomato sauce, green pepper, onion and Creole seasoning; pour over the fillets.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 166 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 488mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 33g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Creole Baked Tilapia
"Easy and fast..sauce complements the fish flavor"
"Pretty tasty, though it came out pretty wet. Maybe I should have patted the fish fillets dry before baking? Unlike a previous reviewer, I thought the seasoning was great--kicky, but not overwhelming."
"This was good, but a little to much on the seasoning, I will cut it back the next time."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.