Creole Baked Tilapia
“Since I'm originally from Louisiana, I love Creole cooking. This is quick and easy as well as healthy. It's great served with your favorite rice dish. Enjoy!” —Carolyn Collins of Freeport, Texas
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 small green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- Place tilapia in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a small
- bowl, combine the tomato sauce, green pepper, onion and Creole
- seasoning; pour over the fillets.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes
- easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 fish fillet with 1/3 cup topping equals 166 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 83 mg cholesterol, 488 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 33 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.