- 4 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 small green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place tilapia in an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine tomato sauce, green pepper, onion and Creole seasoning; pour over the fillets.
- Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Creole Baked Tilapia
"easy and fast..sauce complements the fish flavor"
"Pretty tasty, though it came out pretty wet. Maybe I should have patted the fish fillets dry before baking? Unlike a previous reviewer, I thought the seasoning was great--kicky, but not overwhelming."
"This was good, but a little to much on the seasoning, I will cut it back the next time."