Creme de Menthe Truffles Recipe
I found this in a box of recipe clippings and decided to try them. I'm so glad I did! The minty flavor is perfect for Christmas.
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup creme de menthe
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the butter, pecans and creme de menthe. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- 2. With hands lightly dusted with confectioners' sugar, shape mixture into 1-in. balls. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Chill for 30 minutes or until firm.
- 3. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip balls in chocolate mixture; let excess drip off. Return to waxed paper; chill until set. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 100 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 18 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.
Reviews for Creme de Menthe Truffles
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC