- 3/4 cup margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 4 to 5 tablespoons creme de menthe
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream margarine and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. In another bowl, whisk flour and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Divide dough in half. Shape each into a disk; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm enough to roll.
- Preheat oven to 325°. Roll each portion of dough between two sheets of waxed paper to 1/4-in. thickness (dough will be soft). Cut with a floured 2-in. round cookie cutter. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 7-8 minutes or until set. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, mix confectioners' sugar and enough creme de menthe to reach a spreading consistency. Spread evenly on bottoms of half of the cookies; cover with remaining cookies. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Frost cookies. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Originally published as Creme de Menthe Cookies in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2017, p162
Reviews for Creme de Menthe Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review