- 1 tube (16-1/2 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/3 cups Andes creme de menthe baking chips
- Green candy coating disks and sprinkles, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat cookie dough and flour until blended and dough is softened. Beat in egg. Add cream cheese; beat until smooth. Stir in baking chips. (Dough will be soft.)
- Drop dough by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake 11-13 minutes or until bottoms are golden brown. Cool 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- If decorating cookies, melt candy coating in a microwave. Cut a small hole in the tip of a pastry bag or in a corner of a food-safe plastic bag; insert a small round pastry tip. Fill bag with melted coating. Pipe designs onto cookies; decorate with sprinkles. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Creme de Menthe Cheesecake Cookies
Sort By :
"I followed the recipe exactly and the cookies came out perfectly. I did rotate the pan in my oven due to heat inversions. I did not bother frosting these since by themselves the cookies are very rich."
"I used the copy of the recipe from the magazine, which did not include the added flour. The cookies turned out very cakelike, with a slimy texture the next day. Not a keeper for us."
"I brought these cookies to a friends for Christmas party and called them grinch cookies. Everyone loved them and wanted receipe!!! I will definitely be mAking these annually."
"Turned out like little pancakes. Taste was good but texture was not appetizing."
"I have made this several times since Christmas. Can't find Andes' chips so I just crush actual Andes...it takes extra time to unwrap all of them but definitely worth it :) Even my husband who doesn't like mint had quite a few. ;) I take them to work and family events knowing I'm bringing something unique."