Creme de Menthe Cheesecake Cookies Recipe
Some say these are the best cookies they’ve ever had! Such a cinch to put together with just five ingredients, and so easy to vary. Stir in your favorite baking chips and change up the decorations to suit any holiday. See why they’re the best? —Sheila Sporn, Houston, Texas
- 1 tube (16-1/2 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/3 cups Andes creme de menthe baking chips
- Green candy coating disks and sprinkles, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat cookie dough and flour until blended and dough is softened. Beat in egg. Add cream cheese; beat until smooth. Stir in baking chips. (Dough will be soft.)
- 2. Drop dough by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake 11-13 minutes or until bottoms are golden brown. Cool 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. If decorating cookies, melt candy coating in a microwave. Cut a small hole in the tip of a pastry bag or in a corner of a food-safe plastic bag; insert a small round pastry tip. Fill bag with melted coating. Pipe designs onto cookies; decorate with sprinkles.
- 4. Freeze option: Freeze undecorated cookies in freezer containers. To use, thaw and decorate as desired. Yield: 4 dozen.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC