Creepy Spiders Recipe
Cake mix gives these chocolate sandwich cookies a head start. You can even have kids help assemble the "spiders!"—Nella Parker, Hersey, Michigan
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min. YIELD:24 servings
- 1 package chocolate fudge cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate frosting
- Shoestring black licorice, cut into 1-1/2 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup red-hot candies
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, butter and egg (dough will be stiff). Shape into 1-in. balls.
- 2. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Cool for 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks.
- 3. Spread a heaping teaspoonful of frosting over the bottom of half of the cookies. Place four licorice pieces on each side of cookies for spider legs; top with remaining cookies. For eyes, attach two red-hot candies with frosting to top of spider. Yield: about 2 dozen.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC