Cake mix gives these chocolate sandwich cookies a head start. You can even have kids help assemble the "spiders!"—Nella Parker, Hersey, Michigan
- 1 package chocolate fudge cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate frosting
- Shoestring black licorice, cut into 1-1/2 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup red-hot candies
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, butter and egg (dough will be stiff). Shape into 1-in. balls.
- Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Cool for 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks.
- Spread a heaping teaspoonful of frosting over the bottom of half of the cookies. Place four licorice pieces on each side of cookies for spider legs; top with remaining cookies. For eyes, attach two red-hot candies with frosting to top of spider. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Originally published as Creepy Spiders in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p242
Reviews for Creepy Spiders
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review